Saturday, June 28, 2008

Our Music And Our Memories (Part 1)

The British Invasion

I don’t know what it is of late but it seems to be that everyone has been reminiscing about music of the past. Many have been thinking about songs and memories that relate to remembering a past relationship, an area where you used to hang out, old friends, first loves and good times. It all seems to be a trend that I have been reading about lately

I have been involved in discussions of late about music and related categories. It’s not like I was specifically looking for this subject, it just seems to be the area of interest lately.

For me, it’s always been about the music. I somehow can feel every note; I tend to feel the emotion that I read in the artists eyes. It’s uncanny how I experience this; it’s almost like being one with the artist and feeling the energy of the audience as if I was the artist myself.

I have always been drawn to the British invasion, you know, like Zeppelin, Beatles, Stones and The Who. I tend to feel like the Brits took American rock and roll and were in such awe that they added their own culture and somehow created this magic that can’t be explained. I love this style of music and just can’t get enough of it.

What I want to do today is give you some examples of some of the songs and performances of artists that capture this magic I am talking about. It’s a thing I can’t explain but maybe by seeing for yourself you get an understanding of what I am experiencing.

I am going to start with The Rolling Stones who I have gone to see a couple of times and was blown away each time that I have gone. This first song that I want you to experience is a close version to the concert that I went to. It’s not the one but the magic is still there.

The song is Love In Vain and it gives a true interpretation of how emotionally connected they are to each other and how watching them you will feel connected also. This song has awesome power. I recommend turning to full screen mode and turning up the volume and let the song take you away.



This next song is probably the best version I have ever heard. The song is Kashmir by Led Zeppelin and the powerful vocals of Robert Plant are just so off the chart that you just can’t put it into words.




I hope you can feel the emotion that I get from these two performances. They are two truly talented bands and should be taught to all the young just so they can see that their parents weren’t always so old and annoying.

The next post I will pick two more samples and we will move on from there. Thanks for reading and comments are always welcome.

Take care!

1 comment:

Carolina Nickel said...

Oh what a great blog I'm going to have to spend more time on when I'm not so tired.

You have given me some ideas for the outline of my life and I use you tube very well until they start taking away vids, as you know too.